My World Gets Spiffier

Yup, if you’re reading this you obviously must have noticed the new theme for my blog, My World. I’d been using a slightly modified version of Seven theme, since the inception of My World. I really liked the theme, but it was kinda broken, and with AdBlock Plus addon my blog had a rather bland appearance.

Santosh told me its about time I changed my theme but I wasn’t getting enough time to search for a decent theme, as I’ve been facing rather strict deadlines off late. Santosh was also kind enough to search this fantastic theme, though he’d given it to me a while ago, I couldn’t get time to change it. Today, our office servers were down, and I thought this is a perfect time to dress my My World, and so here you go!

I think I’ll have to modify a bit more though – the links in the tag cloud aren’t picking the CSS value for links for instance. (I’m open to suggestions also by the way), and as you might have noticed, there’s a ticker of screenshots being displayed. Its rather generic now, but I’ll probably change it to something. In case you guys want something to be displayed, drop me a comment as to what you want me to display(and maybe a why too 😉 ) and I’d probably fill-it in.

So how do you like the new theme? Drop by a comment and let me know!

Cheers!

Super User ♦, Oracle Forms, PLSQL, Mangalorean, Rum, Beer, Chip.in, @preshit certified Lazyass, Bacon, Chicken Wings, iPhone 3GS, Gaming. More @ http://sbhat.me

29 Comments on My World Gets Spiffier

1. Vimal George says:

Believe it or not, this thing even loads faster than before. Guess you threw out all the redundant widgets and badges. Thank you Boss. 😀

2. unitechy says:

wow extremely good looking theme 😉 loved it..and it loads faster too…

3. Pranav says:

Wow! Looks great. About loading fast, I haven’t noticed anything. But the looks are awesome!

4. Sathya says:

Thanks All 😀

@Vimal All badges are there, just replaced the flash ones by javascript ones, that explains why it loads faster@

5. Manan says:

The new theme looks absolutely wonderful. As far as the header images is concerned, one thing is you can cycle your own gadgets, the ones you won, along with a few images of you.

6. Karthiksn says:

Awesome theme man. Nice selection. And definitely it loads faster not only because of new badges but also cos this theme looks less cluttered.

7. Looks really great man..

Someday, I will start writing things, and make a blog and I will wish its as beautiful as this :)

8. Sathya says:

Thanks ALL :)

@Manan Yeah that’s a neat idea, will do so.

@Karthiksn I suppose the 3-column helps in reducing the clutter? Plus I’ve reduced the width of the widgets too

@Reetesh Dude start a blog. You have AWESOME writing skills. Start writing on your own blog rather than at GS

9. Aw man, Thanx for the compliments :) The thing is that, I have this bad habit where I always “think” of numerous things to write and never actually write them, I waste most of my time(4-6 hours a day!) reading RSS feeds and commenting 😛 Remaining time I post in various Forums.

This has to stop soon! I hope I finish what I am trying to write, tomorrow 😛 Paused the thing for almost a week!

Usually I choose one day and write it in one sitting 😛

10. Santosh says:

w00t! Lovely theme. The way you’ve arranged your sidebar too is splendid. 😀 And like everybody said, it’s loading much faster. Maybe you implemented a cache system? Or this theme is better optimized than the previous?

11. The Trojan says:

Well, just as anything else written by me, you may find this comment just too long. Okay, let me start. First of all, I know this would suprise some and some may call me useless or introvert but then, this is the first persoanl blog I have ever seen. I have seen others, specially those related to the products, when google turns them to me.

Now one thing that I liked so much is the theme. yeah, it is certianly one of the most beautiful ones i have seen. Simple, fast and beautiful. Now i had installed wrodpress on my PC and used so many themes over there but I do not remember even a single one whic came even closer what I see on the web page I am writing onto . Anyway since this is the first ever personal blog that I am visiting, that might just be the another reason why i liked it. i never thoguht so much of action goes on the blogs about so many things.

I am thinking of one now for me as well! He he…. just thinking.. and I would like to hear .. keep thinking…. just as I am habituated to do.

12. Santosh says:

Pssst… You missed a favicon 😛

13. Ashwin S says:

Minty refreshing.

That picture on top which keeps changing, you can put a screenshot of the blog of the highest commenter here. That way, you get more visitors who want to comment more, and in return you can give away free advertising there.

I know it might lead to spamming. But free advise 😛

14. Santosh says:

Ya know, that’s actually a good idea! ^^

15. Manan says:

@Reetesh: I too have been wondering as to why you don’t blog.

16. Ritesh says:

Fantabulous !!!

I love this theme mate… The colors used are awesome, very pleasing to the eye :)

Oh Btw, mouseover on twitter updates could do with some tweaking.

17. BTW, I was wondering… where’s the gravatars! Better make your blog gravatar enabled, its pretty handy 😀

18. @Manan: thanx for the mention… with a push from all of you, maybe I will start writing soon 😀

19. Sathya says:

Thanks guys!
    @Santosh no caching implemented, seems the theme is very optimized, Favicon will come soon.

@The Trojan Thanks for dropping by

@Ashwin: Nice idea, will do that 😉

@Ritesh, Reetesh (yup 2 different guys 😛 ) Will implement them soon, right now I’m stuck on a project with deadline nearing.

20. Aravind says:

Insanely Handsome theme.
    Too fast too !!!

21. Aravind says:

Ohh!!!
    The ticker is linking to different websites for different images…

Wow. What a way, Sathya has chosen to greet his friends !!! 😉

22. Joel says:

Nice theme Sathyya. I guess this theme was used by Pranav or somebody… Well that was loading a bit slow then, but this loads pretty fast. And well done with the sidebar BTW… :)
    And one suggestion; Remove the ad on your footer… Too many ads also slows down your theme..!

23. Pranav says:

Nope. I haven’t used this. It was some orange theme which I had modded to a color scheme similar to this. Talking of all this makes me feel like searching for a great new theme. Thanks for the inspiration Sathya! 😀

24. Pranav says:

OMG! This is Sodelicious2? I had recommended this theme to Sameer. Since he didn’t want to use it, I thought I’d use it later and downloaded and kept it in my WAMP Server directory. Never checked it out. I didn’t know it looked so beautiful!

25. Sathya says:

@Joel Will do, more tweaks soon. After July 17th.

@Pranav Yup, this is sodelicious2 green, Santosh suggested it, even I didn’t think this one will be so beautiful, only after applying I realized it!

26. T says:

nice site

remove the smiley border and get padding right too.

img.wp-smiley{
    border:none !important;
    padding:0 !important;
    margin:0 !important;

}

27. Sathya says:

@T Thanks for dropping by and also the CSS code! Appreciate it! Welcome to my blog :)