A look back at 2012
Last year, I’d written a 2011 year in review, thought that was a nice way to recap the year. Continuing the same trend, here’s how 2012 went by
- Welcomed the New Year in a coffee estate/homestay in Chikmagalur with Ashwin, Daaku & Prasad.
- Made a quick trip to Mumbai & Vasai with Ashwin and finally met some awesome twitter folks – b50, Anaggh, Nakul, Jayesh, slacker, Preshit, Failgunner and lots more. Malcolm welcomed us to Vasai with an epic awesomesauce lunch and a trip around Vasai. Aalaap gets drunk and results in skipping the Pune/Doolally visit that we had planned
- Ditched the iPhone again, went back to Android and bought a Samsung Galaxy S2
- Became a Guinness World Record holder, albeit with my email leaking out to whole lot of people.
- Diablo III finally gets released, after a 12-year wait. And I played it. A lot.
- Made a trip back to Chikmagalur to the coffee estate/homestay that we had gone to during New Years’ – this time during the start of monsoon season. The weather was out of this world.
- Got a chance to be an interviewer which was pretty cool.
- Became part of Barcamp Bangalore organizing team – though I was more or less handling the word-of-mouth marketing part, it was hell loads of fun. Tweeted the hell out of it. Gave a small talk on automated data backup too
- Kunti, Bibhas, Rishabh come down to Bangalore. Had great fun meeting up and hanging out with them. Some pics from Kunti, Bibhas & Rishabh.
- As if to take revenge for me dumping the iPhone 3GS, its battery expanded and exploded wildly.
- Plan a trip to Pune for NH7 weekender. Ditch Weekender plans and meetup with slacker & Mikhail at Hyatt. Get serenaded. Twice.
Gadgets /Software bought/acquired/reviewed
- Nokia N9(though I admit, I never got to write the review, such a shame. Great device, great OS – just DOA)
- Sennheiser CX680i sports in-ear earphones (review)
- Llama (review)
- System Mechanic 10.8 (review)
- Norton 360 (review)
- Dell XPS 13 Ultrabook (review)
- Alienware X51 (review)
- Sharkoon X-tatic 5.1 headphones (won)
- Logitech Optical Mouse G400 (purchased)
- Klipsch S4a (bought)
- Samsung Galaxy S2 (bought)
- Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex 1TB hard disk (bought)
So, that’s about it for 2012, I guess. Happy New Year all & here’s wishing the upcoming year is as awesome as it was last year.