Table of Contents
Thumbnail image: A cup of South Indian filter coffee.
This week’s post is massively delayed because I’m on my vacation and I missed my usual writing time.
What’s been happening #
- It’s been a week of relaxation, and I’ve done nothing but eat, sleep, visit a few places (staying at my place, visiting my in-laws, and a day-trip with my sister that we did last week), and play some games on the Steam Deck.
- AWS re:Invent slide submission deadline has come and gone by, we’re all set.
- Reserved seating for AWS re:Invent also opened up past Tuesday. I’ve managed to reserve a slot for most of the talks I was interested in, and my own talk has no free seats. That said, a portion of the seats will be available for walk-in attendees, but expect long lines especially if a talk/topic is in heavy demand.
- After long last, I converted Jo’s & my Airtel postpaid numbers to prepaid. We’ve been meaning to do this since long but on every visit it gets derailed by something else. On the flipside, I am missing my 330 GB per month data allowance on the postpaid - especially back home in Mangalore where we don’t have a broadband connection.
- Can’t believe a week has gone by so fast. Half my vacation is over! I fly over to Bangalore tonight and will be meeting a few more friends, an office visit and some more eating before I head back to Sydney next Sunday.
Music of the Week #
TIL, Nyango Star. In case you’re wondering I’m linking this video, keep watching for at least a minute. Entertainment, guaranteed.
Link of the week #
I’m banned for life from advertising on Meta. Because I teach Python - when automated flagging meets data retention policies, fun things happen.
Subscribe to my posts #
Till next week. If you enjoyed reading this post, please consider sharing it via the links below and subscribing to the blog. You can subscribe via email using Substack. If you prefer RSS/news readers, you can click here for the feed link. If you prefer to follow only my weekly notes, here’s the RSS feed for the Weekly Notes series.