Last year, I’d written a 2011 year in review, thought that was a nice way to recap the year. Continuing the same trend, here’s how 2012 went by
- Welcomed the New Year in a coffee estate/homestay in Chikmagalur with Ashwin, Daaku & Prasad.
- Made a quick trip to Mumbai & Vasai with Ashwin and finally met some awesome twitter folks - b50, Anaggh, Nakul, Jayesh, slacker, Preshit, Failgunner and lots more. Malcolm welcomed us to Vasai with an epic awesomesauce lunch and a trip around Vasai. Aalaap gets drunk and results in skipping the Pune/Doolally visit that we had planned
- Ditched the iPhone again, went back to Android and bought a Samsung Galaxy S2
- Became a Guinness World Record holder, albeit with my email leaking out to whole lot of people.
Diablo III finally gets released, after a 12-year wait. And I played it. A lot.
- Made a trip back to Chikmagalur to the coffee estate/homestay that we had gone to during New Years’ - this time during the start of monsoon season. The weather was out of this world.
- Got a chance to be an interviewer which was pretty cool.
- Became part of Barcamp Bangalore organizing team - though I was more or less handling the word-of-mouth marketing part, it was hell loads of fun. Tweeted the hell out of it. Gave a small talk on automated data backup too 🙂
- Kunti, Bibhas, Rishabh come down to Bangalore. Had great fun meeting up and hanging out with them. Some pics from Kunti, Bibhas & Rishabh.
- As if to take revenge for me dumping the iPhone 3GS, its battery expanded and exploded wildly.
Nokia N9(though I admit, I never got to write the review, such a shame. Great device, great OS - just DOA)
System Mechanic 10.8 (review)
Norton 360 (review)
Dell XPS 13 Ultrabook (review)
Alienware X51 (review)
Logitech Optical Mouse G400 (purchased)
Klipsch S4a (bought)
Samsung Galaxy S2 (bought)
Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex 1TB hard disk (bought)
So, that’s about it for 2012, I guess. Happy New Year all & here’s wishing the upcoming year is as awesome as it was last year.