I have an ICICI Bank Coral Credit card. Part of the ‘perks’ that the card provides is something which is enticing to all:
Buy one ticket and get the other ticket free, any day of the week, at www.bookmyshow.com. You can book upto 2 complimentary tickets in a month on a first come first serve basis.
Very nice! so I had tried to book tickets using this offer. I think I’ve succeeded maybe once. Off late, trying to book tickets using this offer has been an exercise in frustration. Every time, I ended up getting an error message:
Sorry, we can`t proceed with the booking for this offer since the Total Number of Tickets for Today has been exhausted OR You may have applied it to an ongoing transaction which is not yet cancelled. Please try again after 20 mins.
Since these offers have long ass weasel word terms & conditions, I tried to check to see if my transaction meets the conditions.
- Valid credit card for the offer – ICICI Coral Card: Check
- You can book up to 2 complimentary tickets in a month: Check, not booked any thing for the month
- Ticket price less than 250: Check
- Valid only for users coming directly to the BookMyShow Website and not via individual cinema sites: Check
- The offer cannot be combined with any offer / discounts / promotions at the theaters: Check
- The number of free tickets available daily are limited and customers can avail this offer on a First Come First Serve basis: Hello, what’s this?
Limited tickets? So what’s the count and when does it get cleared? I sent an email to BookMyShow Helpdesk:
I have a ICICI Bank Coral credit card which entitles me to the buy 1 get 1 free offer. I’ve been trying to use this offer for several previous bookings & without any success. I tried applying the offer for today’s Man of Steel booking, only to get the error message
Sorry, we can`t proceed with the booking for this offer since the Total Number of Tickets for Today has been exhausted OR You may have applied it to an ongoing transaction which is not yet cancelled. Please try again after 20 mins. For any queries please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. (-4011)
Why am I getting this error? Some facts
– I have not used the offer this month, so I should be entitled to the free tickets.
– The booking is directly from your site
– The ticket price is Rs 250
So, BookMyShow Customer Care replies back to me: (hat tip for the quick response):
With reference to your mail, the quota of tickets available every day under the mentioned offer is limited and hence, the offer is not available for redemption once the quota of free tickets is exhausted for a particular day. Also, any revisions/decisions regarding the quota of tickets is at the sole discretion of the bank. The free tickets quota is renewed every midnight at 12 o’clock and hence, you are requested to kindly avail the offer when the quota is refreshed again at 12 AM.
Quotas for tickets? Book at midnight? What is this, IRCTC? I asked them what’s the quota amount:
Thanks for the info. What is the count of the free tickets that are allocated?
to which I get this reply
The quota for the mentioned offer is undisclosed by the bank which can be availed on a first come first serve basis.
So, for all the brand-whoring spanking partnerships, they amount of tickets is undisclosed? They can set the quota to zero or may be single digits & these wouldn’t know.
Learning: If you’re enticed by this offer, don’t bother. The offer is as useless as the free flight ticket offer that I got as part of the same credit card, which upon trying to redeem n number of times, I was told that the route in question cannot be booked under the offer.
What a fucking farce.
(ps: I’ve asked ICICI for the ticket quota count about half hour ago, waiting for their reply..)
From below comments, ICICI has clarified that the quota is 100 tickets for Debit cards & 200 tickets for credit card.
BookMyShow has updated it’s Terms & Conditions to mention this(thanks, Fishy!)
- Free tickets will be offered under the Offer for each day in four blocks, starting at 10am, 12pm, 3pm & 5pm until stocks last.
- The number of free tickets available monthly are limited and customers can avail this offer on a First Come First Serve basis for the month.
Now, that’s much better in terms of communication. Is it worth? Well, I’ll leave that up to you.